People have made upwards of $1,000 to $10,000 on airdrops from Aptos Labs and Optimism. A network that has similar attributes to Aptos Labs is Sui Network.
So you can probably guess the potential upside you will make from this drop! While the platform hasn’t announced an airdrop yet, it does seem like it’s in the books.
We have no plans for an official airdrop at the moment.
— Sui (@SuiNetwork) October 21, 2022
There are two ways to become eligible for the Sui Airdrop; 1) by becoming a validator/node operator 2) by using the sui testnet. Both of which we’ll cover in the blog below!
Before we jump in…What is Sui Network?
Sui is a high-throughput and low-latency, permissionless L1 blockchain built by Mysten Labs that allows creators and devs to build experiences catering to web3 users.
The Sui Network uses the same coding language, Move, as Aptos. Additionally, both of the core team members have worked at Meta. The network was also able to successfully raise $300 million in Series B from a16z, FTX, and Binance.
What’s unique about Sui Network?
The Sui Network is unique in that it is written in Rust and supports smart contracts that are written in Move. So a lot of people see similarities between it and Aptos.
However, there are a few differences which include their scalability strategy and the consensus algorithms. You can learn more about the consensus algorithm and scalability strategy here.
Now onto the Sui Network airdrop guide
How to use Sui Network and Sui Network Wallets?
1) To start, connect your wallet, you can choose from:
In our case, we used the “Sui Wallet”, but feel free to use whatever wallet that you’re most comfortable with.
Now that you have your wallet set up, grab some test tokens. You can do this by:
- connecting your wallet at sui.bluemove.net and clicking ‘Sui Faucet’.
- Or you can click on the ‘Airdrop’ button that is located in the wallet interface.
- Another way for you to get tokens is through joining the discord and pasting !faucet and your Sui Wallet address into the “devnet-faucet”. You can check the Sui Network block explorer to see whether or not you’ve received the tokens.
The next thing to do is to play with the protocols. A few things that we recommend trying out include:
- Minting NFTs
- Creating ‘gotbeef’ bets via https://gotbeef.app
- And of course – playing the various mini-games
The more Sui Network dApps that you interact with, the higher likelihood of obtaining an airdrop. A few other protocols you can check out include:
- NFT collections: @SuiBirds, @theSuiPunks, @TheSuiDoge
- NFT marketplace: @BlueMoveNFT
- Name service: @SuiNames
- DEX: @joinMovEX
The next best thing for you to do is to follow the roadmap and make sure you don’t miss out on any news:
How to invest in the Sui Network token?
While you can’t purchase the Sui Network crypto token, the airdrop is one of the best ways for you to get in early on the project.
Showing your interaction on-chain will increase the probability of you earning the airdrop, so be sure to interact as much as you can!